Dr Elizabeth Biggs
I came to the College of Canons based at St Stephen’s from the fourteenth to the sixteenth centuries from looking at fifteenth-century political interpretations of history. I’m working on all aspects of the college’s life from building projects to the daily round of masses. I can spend half a day reading about humanist scholars who were involved in Papal politics, and another day trying and failing to understand building accounts. I joined this project because of the exciting politics the canons were involved in and stayed for the musicians, the glamorous travel (theirs, not mine) and the chance to bring together lots of ideas from other historians about this period into a new picture of royal service, Westminster and the Church.
Keep up to date with the latest news from the project via our Twitter feed:
- @dustshoveller @VSS_Project Silver polishing excellent displacement!! Ours always shiny! 3 days 11 hours ago
- @dustshoveller @VSS_Project Do you have new moggy yet? Provides constant source of displacement activity. 4 days 9 hours ago
- @dustshoveller @VSS_Project Procrastination is the mother of invention ? 4 days 9 hours ago
- @annanderson2012 @VSS_Project They're staring at me now. I actually have a list. It includes 'breakfast' and 'clean car inside'. 4 days 9 hours ago
- @dustshoveller @VSS_Project Forgot cleaning drawers ? No double entendres 🙃 4 days 9 hours ago