In this month's blog post, Jennifer Caddick of the University of York explores the use of the medieval Place of Westminster's Painted Chamber as the meeting place for parliaments. How did its lavishly decorated walls inspire and inform proceedings?
New blog post from Jennifer Caddick: Parliament and the Painted Chamber
Keep up to date with the latest news from the project via our Twitter feed:
- already clear that it's going to have to be #amwriting weekend as I try to finish draft of 'St Stephen's 1348-1548' for @VSS_Project volume. 20 hours 7 min ago
- @anooshka_rawden @medievaljess @RdgAbbey Please do get in touch with us @VSS_Project! 3 days 1 hour ago
- @medievaljess @RdgAbbey You could contact @Tudorgentleman for some extra info on the @VSS_Project 3 days 3 hours ago
- @anooshka_rawden @RdgAbbey @VSS_Project I'd heard about it at a conference but haven't looked into it recently - th… https://t.co/AgL3WfYEER 3 days 3 hours ago
- @medievaljess @RdgAbbey That will be an amazing resource! Have you seen the work by @VSS_Project ? 3 days 4 hours ago